Mindfulness Activity for Kids - Gratitude Jar
This gratitude jar with free printables is a fun mindfulness activity for kids! Mindfulness activities can help children recognize and manage their emotions, thoughts and behaviors.
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a great practice for children to get into from an early age. Put simply, mindfulness is being present in the moment without being worried about the future or concerned with the past.
There are many ways to practice mindfulness, including gratitude! Teaching children to be grateful can help them appreciate the moment and be thankful for every day.
Create your own gratitude jar and write down something you’re thankful for each and every morning before you start your day.
What you’ll need
- Jar (we used a recycled pasta sauce jar)
- Glue stick
- Printed Gratitude Jar sheet (see below)
- Collect the materials you’ll need for your gratitude jar & print out the sheet above.
- Carefully cut out the items from the printable sheet.
- Glue the ‘Gratitude Jar’ label onto your jar.
- Tie a ribbon around the neck of your jar.
- Write down something you’re grateful for on each of your gratitude cards.
- Voila! You’re done. Place your cards in the gratitude jar.
Gratitude has been shown to have a BIG impact on our wellbeing! By practicing gratitude each morning, children can decrease their stress and negative thinking, increase happiness, make us kinder and even help us to feel more loved. Sounds like a win to us!